miércoles, 14 de noviembre de 2007

Movies - Adults Students

Movies I liked

Name: Vima Bonepelche
Level: Adults 5
Film: The Great Gatsby

The film follows the classic story of Gatsby, a poor man who made a fortune after the Great War and so became the talk of the town. Although Gatsby's wealth could buy anything he wanted, waht he really wanted was Daisy: a beautiful but shallow woman whom Gatsby can't get out of his mind. Daisy is now married and lives across from Gatsby's home. As Gatsby wasn't born in wealth, he wasn't considered polite enough to be with someone like Daisy (Mia Farrow). Gatsby's only true friend is his narrating friend neighbour: Nick Carraway. This young Midwesterner now living on Long Island, finds himself fascinated by the mysterious past and lavish lifestyle of his neighbour, the "the nouveau riche" Jay gatsby. He is drawn into Gatsby's circle, becoming a witness to his obsession and tragedy. I was a teenager when the film was premiered. I was delighted with the magnificence and splendour of those people dancing, laughing and falling in love in spite of having lives full of sadness and misseries. I remember Robert Redford, who starred the film, dancing in his white suit and I felt dazzled and completely in love with him!

Name: Sandra Lavandera
Level Adults 5
Film: Nightmares

Nightmares 1, 2, 3 and 4 were horror movies for teenagers in the eighties. In these films, a man called Freddy Kruger killed teenagers, once in their houses, another time in a camp site and again in a hospital. Suddenly, Freddy Kruger appeared, claws stuck out of his fingers and dug them into the kids's bodies while they were sleeping. So teenagers of my time were afraid of going to bed! I saw these movies when I was about fifteen. I went to the cinema with my friends at night and we all shouted at the same time. We really enjoyed these movies a lot!

No hay comentarios: